When developing training content every aspect of the programme design is governed by the following parameters:
- All learners are fully engaged at all times.
- All engagements are lively and foster knowledge transfer and idea sharing amongst learners.
- All engagements maintain a positive learning environment.
- All learners receive one-to-one feedback in the class and through feedback reporting mechanisms.
- All learners leave the course with a clear personal action plan for addressing critical challenges.
We believe that effective training content is dependent on the utilisation of different training methods, tools and techniques. Our developers pay careful attention to the pedagogy and instructional design essential for choreographing the flow of training.
This is influenced by:
- Group discussions.
- Individual and team exercises.
- Real life case studies.
- Experiential learning activities and debriefs.
- Group challenges and competitions.
- Role plays and practice sessions.
- Video recording, playback and evaluation.
- Self-analysis questionnaires.
- Action planning.
- Trainer presentation.
- Training manuals and workbook.
- Online and practical training games.
Design and development of overall approach, methodology and implementation plan of training programmes, following the below model:
Present and get approval from the client on the above point, to progress through to the finer details of project including:
- Design and development of the course outline, session plan, learner materials, assignments, assessments etc.
- Design and development of the pre- and post training activities which will help assess L2 – knowledge increase and L3 – learning application at the workplace (Kirkpatrick)
- Establish a framework to measure L4 – business impact (Kirkpatrick)
Facilitation of Train the Trainer and pilot session for each programme:
- Design, develop and facilitate Train the Trainer programme for client’s in-house facilitators
- Conduct a pilot session of each programme to be observed or attended by client’s in-house facilitators
- Final changes/amendments to course materials; taking into consideration any feedback from the learners during the pilot session
During go-live, SELECT will provide follow-up service, including but not limited to:
- Observe and provide feedback to client’s in-house facilitators to ensure the content delivery of the course is met successfully
- Recommend and implement changes to the content, delivery etc. based on the feedback received during observation sessions.
Description and implementation
1. Programme research, analysis and diagnostic activities
Research and analysis will include some or all of the following:
- Focus group discussions
- Mystery shopper
- On the job observations and floor walks
- Review of real-life case studies
- Interviews with key stakeholders
SELECT will present the recommended overall approach, methodology and implementation plan
2. Design and development of course materials
Course notes which includes some or all of the following:
- Course outlines (objectives and topics per day)
- Master copy of the delegate manual
- Master copy of the trainer manual
- Master copy of handouts
- Presentation slides
- Programme timetable
- Trainer notes
3. Design and development of learning activities
Activity briefs which includes some or all of the following:
- Group discussion
- Group and individual tasks
- Case studies
- Role plays
- Training videos
- Audio and video evaluation
- Training games
- Action planning
- Group challenges and competitions
- Online activities
- Programme evaluation forms
4. Design and development of assessment activities
Assessment tools and methods which includes some or all of the following:
- Competency-based written assessments
- Work-based assignments
5. Delivery and facilitation of pilot session and material revision
We will conduct a pilot session to key stakeholders to test and ensure that the content and delivery methods are inline with the overall objective. It aims to gather feedback and recommendations for any possible changes/amendments to course materials, activities, metholodology.
6. Optional delivery of instructor-led train the trainer and coaching programmes
Upon request, SELECT can provide the client Train the Trainer programme, coaching session or combination of both. This will ensure the delivery of the programme are successfully met by their in-house trainers.
- Training manuals and workbook for each learner
- Pre-course assessment and diagnostic activities
- Course delivery and facilitation
- Post-course assessment and evaluation
- Integrated Personal Planner (IPP)
- Personal development plans for senior managers
- SELECT Certificates
- Course feedback report
English & Arabic Delivery
Innovative Customer Focus
Select is a clear leader when it comes to delivering highly interactive and practical training programmes and workshops that effectively improve employee performance.
Gain internationally accepted certification from ILM.
More than seven thousand satisfied clients.
Skills training & management consulting within UAE and in all the GCC.
Head Office: Office 1501 Al Yasat Tower,
Fatima Bint Mubarak (Najda) Street,
P.O. Box 44705, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Dubai Office: Office 117, Al Attar Business
Centre, Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Barsha 1
P.O. Box 334058, Dubai, UAE.